and we're finishing up our first full week of summer break. this is what we're doing --- i'm rambling and rushing . . . but come the end of next week I'll be in Oxford with a new laptop and no paper to scrap with and I"m going to catch up on my online life.
- recovering from last week! teacher gifts, molasses pond, Isaac's birthday party. just a couple of shots --- haven't even begun to look at what I have
- building with Knex and erector set. I scrubbed and hosed the screen porch and moved us into a new era. While we still have 2 BIG basket chests of playmobile toys out there, the sandbox is gone. In its place: a table where I can work and the boys can build and draw and eat and we can all sit together.
- going to birthday parties (and buying gifts for said birthday parties).
- river: Neil set up our first river playdate on Weds with Cathy and her daugher ("Taryn is AWESOME" is what the boys said later) coming over to swim, kayak, paddle, play pirates on floaties. I spent that morning in the heat cleaning house and then helping Neil get the riverfront cleaned up . . . . said hi and then retreated to my ac bedroom to write. I looked out the window and waved occassionally.
- town pool: Can't wait to go to Oxford where it's free. We went yesterday for the first time. Boys saw some old friends. Josh was really out of it. Then last night: high fever sore throat. All night long. Neil has taken him to the doctor right now.
- me getting organized with BACKPACKIT (thanks, Hillary)
- I wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote (and woke up each morning to a MESS!!!! which I then cleaned so I could write and write and write.)
- I have used MORE band-aids in the last 2 weeks than in at least the last year, probably 2. Cut open my ankle at a dinner party. Doctor on hand said it should probably be stitched up, but he was glad to accompany my squeamish husband over to the drugstore for some steri-strips. took a while to heal it up. and then rushing around for Isaac's bday, whacked open my knee---which is still looking gross. cut open a finger cutting Isaac's cake and then last night as Neil spoke to me I turned from my paper cutter and ran a thumb up it.
Joshua has strep throat today. poor guy. burning up last night. so glad we delayed that NY trip until I'd gotten a month's worth of work done in a week. . . which I'm hoping will be any day now.
ok . . . and all these photos deserve some story-telling. both parties were really wonderful (and, yes, Jill, I did let myself BE while I was at them).
on my to-do list. over there in backpackit. my fave new distraction. :)