Greatly inspired by webinar this morning with Lynnette Penacho about scrapbooking. We talked about grids and layering and list journaling and "faves" pages. Lynnette does a lot of these month by month (and sells great templates for them) and as I spoke to her I realized that while I'm never able to pull together photo-a-day or week-in-the-life or even monthly summary layouts full of photos --- what I could do is an awesome page with 1 photo and lots of patterned papers and a list of 10 things I'm into in any month.
So here's the beginning of "list of 10" for July with the hopes I will scrapbook it.
10 Things in July
1. Monk. Discovered this series a couple of months ago -- 8 years of unwatched episodes and I LOVE the show. Finished it yesterday. Cried and smiled. And now I say "Here's the thing" and "He's the guy" alot.
2. Kayaking. Must exercise. We got a couple of new kayaks and I'm DOING IT! Sometimes with Iz. Sometimes alone. Passed a couple of skinny dippers the other day. Should probably google "how to kayak."
3. New sliders in the bedroom! The sliding doors to our upstairs and downstairs decks were rotted and barely closeable. We bought new ones in 2010 to take advantage of the energy efficiency tax break and Neil installed the downstairs ones last year. And now the upstairs ones are in and he rocked the job -- in 2 days!
4. Josh at Video Game Design camp. For 2 weeks. Missing him BIG time. We've spoken a couple of times and he's not complaining but he sounds exhausted (and now sick) and I think this may be the hardest he's ever worked in his life. Picking him up tomorrow!
5. Isaac at Tech Camp. He's *sparkling* talking about nanotechnology and prototype machines and networks and Blender and animation and robotics and more. SOOO incredibly fortunate to be near the university and having this chance.
6. Missing my friends! Elaine's been in Greece. Donna's kids were at camp. And I'm working like crazy trying to clear the decks to play in August.
7. Webinars webinars webinars. Recording 12 webinars this month. 4 for the July issue of Masterful Scrapbook Design and 8 for the August "smorgasbord" issue -- which means tons of first rate inspiration.
8. Trying to kick diet coke. Smoothies with bee pollen. Ice green and fruity teas every day in our new drink dispenser from pottery barn. Set it up on a cake plate for easy use.
9. West Side Story. I feel pretty! Oh so pretty! We started off the summer seeing this show in Boston.
10. The Hunger Games. Wow! Boys and I listened to the first book in the series on the way to NY and back. Loved it. Missed the characters and the story immensely when it was ower. We pulled in the driveway on July 4 about 2:30pm and before unloading the car just came in and put my iphone on the dock and listened to the end together.
And I've already scrapbooked a couple of these individually