We’re finishing up a month-long study of inspiration at Get It Scrapped. Usually I get my inspiration from product and other pages, but this month has really pushed me to look at soooooo any other sources—esp since the guest teachers all have such different ideas and approaches.
When I look around our house there is no shortage of video entertainment inspiration and here are a couple of pages that get their looks from games.
This look of this page was inspired by the video game that my mom and boys are engrossed in here: Angry Birds. I didn’t have exact matches for things, but I could find some colorful hand drawn birds, a black-and-white pig and clouds to represent the sky the birds are being flung through.
And this one’s look came from the video game we were lined up to buy at midnight: Halo Reach. The logo for the video game inspired my color choices and the orange cloudy brushwork The journal that came with the game inspired my journaling treatment on the page.
- get inspired by the shapes and colors outside my window.
- begin pages with inspired photo layout for quicker design.
- interpret inspiration in a non-literal way.
- take inspiration beyond the obvious lift.
- reuse and evolve my application of inspiration.
- use print media for sharp title treatments.
- translate the mood of an inspiration piece to the page.
- make inspired page embellishments.